Welcome to Truckee River Flyfishers!
We are a fly-fishing club dedicated to improving and promoting the sport of fly fishing in Nevada. We invite you to join our organization for great fishing and fellowship.
Truckee River Flyfishers is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving and promoting the sport of fly fishing in Nevada; promoting and encouraging the conservation of game fish, especially wild trout, through the betterment of streams and lakes everywhere; and encouraging and assisting our youth to become fly fishers and true sportspersons.
Truckee River Flyfishers was founded in 1979 to provide an opportunity for men and women interested in fly fishing to share information with others, learn from others, experience fly fishing at various fisheries, and protect fisheries for future generations. Monthly activities include meetings, fish-outs, classes and fly-tying seminars. The club promotes the preservation and restoration of streams, rivers and lakes, particularly those within Nevada and California. We support youth programs that provide both education and enjoyment to young people interested in fishing. All club activities endeavor to promote learning the art of fly fishing and developing an appreciation for healthy fisheries.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Participation in Trout Unlimited and Truckee River Watershed Council projects on the Truckee River and Little Truckee River to improve wild trout habitat
- Annual participation in Truckee River Clean-up Day
- Annual contributions of time, money and supplies to a variety of events and organizations including Trout Unlimited Youth Trout Camp, Trout in the Classroom, Casting for Recovery, Tie-a-Thon and the Mayfly Project
- Monthly Newsletter
- General Meetings with guest speakers
- Regular group fishing outings to local and regional waters
- Conservation Initiatives
- Equipment and Trip Raffles
- Fly Tying Classes/Fly Tying Roundtable
- Annual Banquet and Fundraiser
- Youth Education